|General assignment reporter
Location: Lloydminster, Saskatchewan
Posted: February 9, 2017
Deadline: March 1, 2017
The award winning Lloydminster Source twice-a-week newspaper is looking for a general assignment reporter to cover a myriad of events in this unique city if more than 30,000 that straddles the Alberta/Saskatchewan border. There are plenty of stories to cover and we’re looking for a reporter who’s not afraid to work hard to develop sources and produce quality copy with decent art. We offer a full benefits package.
Reporting to the editor of this four-person newsroom, the general assignment reporter is responsible for generating story ideas as well as taking assignments from the editor in a variety of beats that includes city council, community, cops, schools (including our Lakeland College) and features.
- A post-secondary journalism diploma or degree (or equivalent experience)
- A valid driver's licence and and access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to produce printable photos
- Available to cover evening and weekend events
- Experience with InDesign is a definite plus
- Team-player who can also work independently when needed
Interested candidates should send resume, clippings and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
5921 50 Ave.
Tel: (306) 825-5111