Location: Lloydminster, Saskatchewan
Posted: February 11, 2017
Deadline: February 28, 2017
The award winning
Lloydminster Source twice-a-week newspaper is looking for a sports editor to cover a myriad of sporting events in this unique city of
more than 30,000 that straddles the Alberta/Saskatchewan border. This is a sports town with plenty to cover. The sports editor will have plenty of freedom to make the job his or her own and we’re looking for a sports editor who’s
not afraid to work hard to develop sources and produce quality copy with
decent art. The sports editor will also be required to lay out his or her pages twice a eek. We offer a full benefits package.
to the editor of this four-person newsroom, the sports editor
reporter is responsible for generating story ideas as well as taking
assignments from the editor.
- A post-secondary journalism diploma or degree (or equivalent experience)
- A valid driver's licence and and access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to produce printable photos
- Available to cover evening and weekend events
- Experience with InDesign is a definite plus
- The ability to work independently
Interested candidates should send resume, clippings and a cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
5921 50 Ave.
Tel: (306) 825-5111
Web address: http://www.lloydminstersource.com