Location: Lloydminster, Alberta
Posted: March 10, 2017
Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. Vista radio is privileged to operate 45 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 66 transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories.
Why Vista Radio Ltd? Our Advantage:
- Success: Small to medium size business have experienced the success of Vista's enterprise operating ad platform.
- Impact: Every business relies on advertising solutions, meaning your work makes a large impact on their success.
- Cutting Edge: Vista's digital marketing solutions are EXPLODING, setting us up as the advertising powerhouse.
- Creative Environment: Here at Vista we support opportunities to engage in creative, outside the box, processes.
Are you a NEWS HOUND who loves to generate stories and is highly motivated to provide local news to the community? Do you want to be part of a WINNING team? Are you passionate about taking captivating photographs that engage and attract an audience? Do you believe that in 2017 social media is a MUST for newsies? If your answer is YES!!!! Then apply to be a News Reporter in Lloydminster, Alberta with Vista Radio.
- Responsible for sourcing and writing news stories for online and on-air use
- Target is 4-5 stories per day for both on air and online use
- Edit and anchor news, sports and weather as assigned
- Cover all news beats including crime, politics, the environment, social justice issues,business, labour and community events as necessary
- Daily updating for the news section on the station website, MyLloydminsterNow.com
- Board opping when necessary
- Utilize social media to build audience and contacts
- Being a positive leader in the building and assist in creating a winning team attitude
- Full understanding of Company values
- Represent the station at community/station events
- Responsibilities and schedule requirements may change from time to time as business needs dictate
- Photojournalism training/experience preferred but not mandatory
- Should have newsroom experience or applicable broadcast education
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong on-air delivery
- Self starter
- The ability to work within a fast paced environment both individually and with a team
- A valid driver's license
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus.
- Ability to use and excel with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
Please attach a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube audio demo with your application. Please state in your application that you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.
110-5477 152 Street
Tel: (604) 372-1654
Fax: (604) 372-1654
Web address: http://www.vistaradio.ca