Location: Kamloops, British Columbia
Posted: March 14, 2017
Deadline: April 15, 2017
iNFOnews.ca has an opening for an entry level reporter in Kamloops, B.C. We train new journalists in an online-only environment and prepare them for the next step in their career.
We are a growing news organization in the B.C. Interior covering Kamloops, Kelowna, Vernon and Penticton. We work individually and as a team to break important stories that matter to our readers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering solid news coverage and compelling photos and video from this vibrant B.C. city.
The reporter will work from various locations, with a company vehicle provided. Candidates should have their own computer and camera and will be compensated. Some weekend and evening work will be required.
- Strong writing and photography skills
- An interest in real news and journalism
- Willingness to learn how to shoot video and do video reporting
- Develop and maintain a good network of sources and contacts
- Strong computer skills and ability to interact with the public
- An ability to meet deadlines, communicate well with senior staff and work unsupervised
- Familiarity with the Adobe Suite of products and a Macintosh environment
- Training in journalism or relevant experience
References must show applicants have the minimum required experience, can be flexible to changing work needs and are team players.
Interested candidates should send a resume, including samples with links to online work and a list of websites and other online sources that demonstrate their skills, relevant experience and abilities.We prefer local candidates or someone with local knowledge.
All applications will be acknowledged, but only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Please state in your cover letter that you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.
Web address: http://infonews.ca