|Contract Writer (Food and News)
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posted: March 14, 2017
Deadline: April 14, 2017
Salary: To Be Discussed
Are you a journalist with a passion for news, food and urban life?
If you are, insauga.com/inbrampton.com is looking for you.
Insauga and inbrampton.com are part of a popular and growing new media company that focuses on news, food, lifestyle and entertainment in two of Canada's most rapidly developing cities.
We're looking for an enthusiastic, creative and deadline-focused candidate who can create Top 5 cuisine lists, news pieces and features.
The job will require contributors to:
- Pen one or more top 5 lists a week that will determine the best restaurants in the city (for example, top 5 burgers, top 5 butter chicken, top 5 tapas, top 5 cocktails, etc)
- Write profile pieces on newly opened restaurants, bakeries, cafes and other food-related establishments
- Write up to the minute news
- Craft full and/or feature articles about hot topics and pressing issues (crime, transit, etc).
We ask that candidates have:
- A college or university diploma or degree in journalism, professional writing or communications/public relations
- Minimum four years experience writing for a print or online publication
- A portfolio with 10 or more published pieces
Please send a resume, cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - and two writing samples to:
2 Robert Speck Parkway
Web address: http://www.insauga.com