Salon Communications Inc.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: July 14, 2017
Deadline: August 18, 2017
Elevate Magazine and elevatemagazine.com, Canada’s premier cosmetic enhancement consumer magazine and website require an editor with a passion for beauty.
The ideal candidate will thrive within a small, agile team, write engaging copy and attention-grabbing headlines and put together a sleek and inviting editorial package for both print and digital content. Leadership, creativity, solid writing skills, photo shoot experience and an eye for style and design are required. Formal training in journalism and minimum two years experience as an Editor or Associate Editor are also required.
Trade magazine experience preferred. Experience with online initiatives is a requirement.
- Developing magazine content from front to back
- Working and liaising with art department, freelancers and sales team
- Managing editorial budget
- Creating content for elevatemagazine.com, weekly newsletter and social media platforms
- Building industry contacts and staying up-to-date with the latest in beauty and cosmetic enhancement
- Attending industry events (may include evenings)
Key personality traits
- Confident and creative
- Team-oriented, approachable and a good listener
- Quick-thinking and able to troubleshoot
- Strong networking and social skills
- Must have a genuine interest in the subject matter
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to understand the production process and ensure editorial deadlines are met
- Basic managerial and leadership skills; ability and desire to make decisions on your own and within a group
- Must be able to create a strong working relationship with the publisher and sales team
- Proficiency in Mac OSX, MS Office, CMS, InCopy, some InDesign and knowledge of Photoshop and digital image file formats/specs.
Send a brief cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Job Board, your CV and at least three samples of your writing in Word or PDF format to email@example.com before August 18, 2017.
About Salon Communications Inc.
Salon Communications Inc. publishes Elevate Magazine, elevatemagazine.com, beauty industry-favorite Salon Magazine (English and French editions) and the award-winning website salonmagazine.ca. Salon Communications also produces The Contessa Awards — The Canadian Hairstylist of the Year Awards in Toronto each fall.
Salon Communications Inc. provides a supportive workplace with opportunity for employees to bring ideas to the table and make the magazine their signature work.
Salon Communications Inc.
Web address: http://www.elevatemagazine.com