Canadian Grocer (EnsembleIQ)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: August 22, 2017
The managing editor reports to the executive editor and is responsible for overseeing the editorial content production. The managing editor helps plan, assign and edit content and will also write content. The candidate should have a passion for exceptional editorial content, a good understanding of print and digital media and superior attention to detail.
- Maintains content calendar, scheduling and budget for freelancers.
- Generates story ideas and assigns stories to freelance writers while staying within budget guidelines.
- Writes, edits and copyedits stories for clarity, readability, interest, punctuation and grammar.
- Interacts regularly with managers in other key departments to ensure business goals and opportunities are met.
- Will represent the publication at industry events.
- Will assist in the planning and execution of the magazine’s conferences.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in journalism or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5-years of editorial experience at a magazine.
- Experience working with freelancers.
- Superior writing and editing skills and strong knowledge of Canadian Press style conventions.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to teamwork.
- Has a keen sense of integrity and high journalistic standards.
- The ability to work in a multi-tasking and deadline-oriented environment.
- Is comfortable working with standard editing tools (InCopy, MS Office).
Interested candidates should send resume, clippings and a cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
2300 Yonge St., Suite 1510
Tel: (647) 946-9219
Web address: http://www.ensembleiq.com