|Manager, Publications & Projects
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posted: October 5, 2017
Deadline: October 19, 2017
Salary: $72,380.00 - $83,981
Reporting to the Director of Communications, Advancement and Alumni Relations (AAR), and working in consultation with the UCS Executive Director, as well as Vice-President of Advancement and External Relations and AAR leadership, the incumbent inspires and motivates a team of communications professionals to develop next generation fundraising, stewardship and alumni publications and projects. He/she develops effective communications strategies and creative products that engage multiple audiences and ensures that messaging produced by the AAR communications team supports the university's brand, fundraising campaign and strategic directions.
- Plan, assign, write and edit text for AAR's print and online publications. Oversee graphic design, production and posting of print or online content, including but not limited to, flagship publications such as Concordia University Magazine, Report on Giving, Momentum and numerous print and digital newsletters distributed by AAR monthly, bi-annually or yearly.
- Develop effective stewardship, fundraising and alumni communication vehicles that engage audiences. Plan issues, assign work as needed, write content, edit articles, obtain sign-offs of galleys, coordinate design, printing, marketing, advertising and distribution. Ensure content is repurposed in university's news channels.
- Ensure editorial, digital and social media strategy aligns with university priorities to support fundraising campaign, strategic directions and advance university brand. Works in close collaboration with the Manager, Strategic Communications, and Social Media at UCS.
- Continue enhancing style guides in partnership with UCS directors for all AAR publications. Ensure print and digital publications comply with university guidelines.
- Supervise and manage writers who oversee sector-related speech writing, fundraising and stewardship initiatives. Ensure messaging aligns with campaign and university priorities.
- Provide assistance in composing letters and ads. Oversee writing and editing of annual giving materials, organize printing and distribution, and coordinate website development.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communication or English and four to seven years of experience leading a team of specialists in preparing, editing, printing and distributing specialized magazines and reports.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken English, spoken French and written English. Good knowledge (Level 4) of written French.
- Experience in one or more of these fields: publications, higher education, media relations, philanthropy, marketing or alumni relations.
- Advanced knowledge of desktop publication skills, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe publication tools, and Photoshop; good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Excel.
Please send your curriculum vitae with a covering letter (one document, PDF or WORD) - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - by October 19, 2017 to . The subject line of the email should be the position number: C5512
1455 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W.
Tel: (514) 848-2424
Web address: http://www.concordia.ca