The Tri-County Vanguard
Location: Digby, Nova Scotia
Posted: October 5, 2017
Deadline: October 18, 2017
Our Digby newsroom is seeking a dedicated journalist who is capable of gathering news and delivering stories and features, taking photographs and producing video for distribution across multiple media platforms including print and websites. The successful candidate must be able to produce engaging content every day. The candidate must thrive under deadline pressure with a desire to be the first to provide breaking news and insight for our readers, demonstrate great news judgment and is able to develop and present compelling, relevant content on a variety of platforms, including print, web, mobile, and social media.
If you are passionate about story-telling in any medium; highly organized and motivated self-starter with the ability to write concisely, accurately and quickly under deadline pressure, this position is for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Report, edit and publish quality content for a variety of platforms, including web, mobile, social media, print – as well as tailoring content to meet the needs and deadlines of those platforms;
- Carry out news assignments as given – as well as generate and develop ideas independently;
- Shoot and edit still photos and video to illustrate stories - assigned or on own initiative;
- Assist online staff in preparing multimedia/interactive stories;
- Strategically engage in social media – gather, publish and promote content;
- Meet performance standards to achieve strategic objectives and goals laid out in job KPI’s; and,
- Other duties as required.
- Journalism and/or photojournalism degree or equivalent industry experience;
- Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems;
- Experience with “spot news” – proven ability to react quickly to breaking events;
- Demonstrated experience writing, reporting, shooting/editing photos, video; and,
- A valid NS Driver’s Licence and own reliable vehicle.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - and resume, quoting posting #76-17, before 11:59 p.m. on the October 19, 2017 closing date to:
Human Resources Department
2717 Joseph Howe Drive
Tel: (902) 426-2811
Fax: (902) 426-0449