Location: Saint John, New Brunswick
Posted: November 2, 2017
Deadline: November 21, 2017
Brunswick News is recruiting for a city columnist based in the Telegraph-Journal newsroom in Saint John. We need an individual to write compelling analysis and opinion columns which drive reader engagement in our print and online products.
If you have a strong opinion and the journalistic skills to get to the heart of issues in the community and get people talking, this is an opportunity to work at an award-winning publication which is building a digital audience for our successful websites, while continuing a tradition of excellence in print.
As a columnist you are expected to write on a wide variety of hot-button local topics, bringing our readers a unique perspective on stories that matter using knowledge, logic and sound reasoning. We are looking for insightful writing that goes beyond the surface.
The successful candidate will combine strong journalistic judgment with an enthusiasm for great opinion writing and the ability to bring readers to that content through digital and social media.
- A demonstrated track record of excellence in journalism
- Demonstrated ability to write engaging, accurate, fair and entertaining columns
- Intelligent use of social media to drive traffic
- Adept in driving online traffic through data-led journalism
- A journalism degree and/or degrees in which critical thinking and writing skills are required would be an asset.
Candidates should direct their cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Job Board and resume by Nov. 21, 2017 to: