|Associate Editor, Canadian Insurance Top Broker
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: November 17, 2017
Deadline: January 17, 2018
Reports to: Editor, Canadian Insurance Top Broker Direct reports: none Why join Canadian Insurance Top Broker? We’re a team of passionate, award-winning financial journalists who come to work every day excited to inform and investigate.
Through our print and online properties, we reach thousands of insurance professionals in the P&C insurance industry across Canada and beyond. At Canadian Insurance Top Broker, you’ll be empowered to explore topics that matter – be they economic trends, the impact of cyber, tech and disruptors on the insurance industry, or the intricacies of financial services regulation. You’ll speak to CEOs, economists, analysts, associations, policymakers and, of course, brokers. Best of all, you’ll be joining an established, industry-leading brand with a 110-year legacy that’s well loved by its readers. Come be our Associate Editor. The Associate Editor generates multiplatform content for Canadian Insurance Top Broker’s print edition (10 times a year), our website and social media, as well as digital newsletter. The incumbent will produce compelling daily content while also working on longer-term features and projects. The ideal candidate has a passion for financial reporting and is keen to deepen his/her knowledge of the P&C insurance industry and related trends, and how they impact brokers.
- Pitch, research, report and write/post stories for all platforms. These include features, news articles, infographics, sidebars, fact sheets and other items.
- Proofread, fact check and copy edit content created by other team members and external contributors.
- Attend and report on industry conferences, and develop relationships with industry experts and sources, maintaining a strong network with P&C insurance brokers.
- Populate and target newsletters sent to a loyal and growing audience.
- Populate the brand’s social media presence.
- In collaboration with other editorial team members, develop special initiatives and annual supplements.
- Work with the editorial team to come up with traffic-driving initiatives and assist in reaching traffic and engagement goals.
- Provide administrative support for special projects and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A self-starter with a demonstrated ability to write and edit news and analysis pieces from disparate sources with speed and clarity.
- Experience developing financial and/or business story ideas for all platforms, ideally for a sophisticated audience. Knowledge of the P&C insurance industry an asset.
- An ability to make mainstream news stories relevant for a niche audience.
- Superior communication skills and sharp attention to detail.
- Strong research, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- An excellent networker, eager to attend industry events and able to network and find stories at events.
- Deadline-oriented with an ability to meet tight timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in digital journalism, including social media, and online content management. Knowledge of data journalism, video and audio editing are assets.
- Minimum two years of related experience.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business, journalism or related field.
- Comfortable in both Windows- and Mac-based environments.
Please submit a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Job Board,resume and three writing samples with your application.
Web address: http://tctranscontinental.com/en/