Location: Penticton, British Columbia
Posted: November 21, 2017
Castanet is looking for a reporter to join our Penticton team.
You will produce written, video and radio stories of the highest quality, and be able to react quickly to changing news demands.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write a minimum of five news stories a day, at least one including videoBring your own story ideas to the table as well as work on assigned pieces
- Develop a network of local contacts and sources
- Craft tightly written, informative and entertaining stories with captivating images and headlines
- Condense those stories for broadcast on radio
- Manage Castanet SMS as needed, edit and post local and wire stories to the site
- The successful applicant must be able to work independently and as a team under the direction of the News Director.
- You must understand complex local, regional and provincial issues and be able to relate them in an easy to understand manner.
- You’ll be part of a team of journalists across the Okanagan at one of Western Canada’s most successful online news outlets.
- Journalism degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution or applicable career experience in journalism
- Be able to work in print, radio and video settings
- Be computer and social media savvy
- Able to recognize a good story and develop it into compelling content
- Strong knowledge of Canadian Press style
Please send a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Job Board and resume to:
455 Lawrence Ave
, British Columbia
Web address: http://www.castanet.net