Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posted: December 5, 2017
Deadline: December 18, 2017
Polytechnics Canada is a national association of Canada’s leading colleges, polytechnics and institutes of technology. Our mission is policy advocacy for federal action in two primary policy areas: innovation and talent. We are a small team of professionals located in downtown Ottawa, seeking a Communications Assistant, reporting to the Communications and Events Coordinator.
The ideal candidate will operate with a high level of detail and organization, enjoys collaborating with a small team, has the ability to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines, is self-motivated and creative. Applicants should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, not-for-profit organization, managing projects and working both independently, and as part of a team.
*Hours are Monday-Friday, 10-6. Work on weekends and some overtime hours may be required around expeditions and events.
Beginning with an initial four month contract, this position can be extended into a permanent position.
- Maintains, updates and continuously verifies association's electronic database of contacts.
- Supports the Association’s Media Relations activity by maintaining media contacts, monitoring media items of relevance to our advocacy.
- Supports the maintenance of our web presence and growing Twitter activity.
- Supports the implementation of our social media strategy.
- Use necessary applications to create graphics for social media use.
- Manages social media calendar, using Hootsuite.
- Supports the organization and delivery of Polytechnics Canada annual events – both public and member-only.
- Contributes to the development of content and digital storytelling across all platforms.
- Proofreads, edits and logic checks reports, articles, etc.
- Manages the organization’s photo library, YouTube and Video Archive.
- Develops and tests email distribution templates, monitors online mailings, email blasts and communication materials.
- Supports advocacy efforts of team, and members.
- Degree in Communications, Graphic Design, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- Experience developing a variety of content (photo, video, blog) for social media and web and engaging in an online community.
- Experience with various social media platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Experience in website and social media traffic analysis.
- Experience using online contact management systems and media monitoring.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PPT & Access.
- Experience with CRM platform.
- Proven ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Professional manner; ability to exercise tact, discretion and judgment at all times.
- Strong writing skills; strong organization skills.
- Precision-oriented in all communications.
- Experience working with a membership based organization and/or not-for-profit organization is an asset.
- Knowledge of Drupal is an asset.
- Willingness to travel within Canada.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Please send a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Job Board and resume to:
Web address: http://www.polytechnicscanada.ca/