Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posted: December 6, 2017
Deadline: January 6, 2018
Salary: Not stated
Metro Calgary is looking for an experienced reporter with a track record of publishing breaking, unique and game-changing stories across multiple print and digital platforms. Reporting to the Managing Editor, the successful candidate will have excellent research, data comprehension, photography and writing skills. The position will also be responsible for maintaining an editorial calendar of major events for coverage.
What you will do:
- Responsible for generating story ideas and for covering assigned stories in a range of genres: Breaking news, features, entertainment, lifestyle and sports.
- Photography and/or video to accompany stories or to be used as stand-alone items
- Planning of compelling packages in-print and online
- Coverage of some early morning and evening assignments as needed
- A Web genius who loves telling stories in multiple formats, from print to web
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in journalism or equivalent experience
- Four years of newspaper reporting experience
- Newspaper photo and video experience are assets
- Strong grasp of all areas of news and feature writing
- Well versed in CP style
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
Must be an assertive self-starter with own vehicle
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience using social media tools such as Twitter and Facebook
- Familiarity with web CMSs required; basic HTML experience an asset
Metro is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs. If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform Metro of your requirements.
Interested candidates should apply online, stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board, at: