LighthouseNow Advocate Media Inc.
Location: Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
Posted: January 2, 2018
Deadline: February 2, 2018
LighthouseNow is recruiting a full-time journalist with passion, excellent editorial skills and the ability to report the latest news both in print and through online media channels. As a journalist your reporting will be noticed while you work with an award-winning editorial team. The successful candidate will contribute engaging editorial stories with our editorial team and make a difference. Reporting to the editor the reporter represents the company within the community and collaborates with other editorial, sales and production teams.
Lighthouse Publishing is a member of the Advocate Media Inc. family, owned by Advocate Printing & Publishing, located in Pictou, Nova Scotia, the largest privately-owned printing and publishing company in Atlantic Canada. Committed to growth, continuous improvement and exceptional customer value, Advocate understands that people really do make a difference.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent Reporting experience.
- Ideally Internship experience in the field and the newsroom.
- Excellent research, photography and writing skills.
- Previous experience assisting more experienced reporters.
- Able to demonstrate skill set with a portfolio of published articles or newscasts.
- Must be inquisitive, have adept writing skills with the ability to absorb information quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong team player willing to ensure excellence, quality and deadlines are met.
- Willing to provide back-up for other team members.
- Keenly interested in current affairs.
Interested candidates should send resume, clippings and a cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
181 Browns Point Rd.
Tel: (902) 485-7317
Fax: (902) 396-7767
Web address: http://www.advocateprinting.com