|PR Work for Journalists (freelance)
Location: , British Columbia
Posted: January 8, 2018
Deadline: January 31, 2018
Are you an experienced journalist but can't find enough work to fill your whole week with journalism assignments?
Are you interested in adding some part-time PR work to your schedule?
I am an award-winning writer and editor who currently trains businesses in do-it-yourself PR. But I'm getting more clients than I can handle so I need help.
Your role would be any or all of:
- interviewing clients about their business
- researching appropriate media outlets to pitch story ideas to
- writing media pitches
- acting as the contact person for media in response to story pitches
- following up directly with media outlets
- At least three years full-time experience in a journalism or editorial role where you were regularly receiving press releases and other media pitches;
- You realized from reading these press releases that there are a lot of businesses out there that need help doing their own PR; and
- You're interested in helping these businesses get the publicity and credibility they need to grow.
I am not interested in receiving resumes as I don't have time to read them. Send an email with only a few paragraphs (150-200 words) outlining your experience relevant to what I've described above, as well as any PR experience or your reason for being interested in adding PR work to your roster.
DO NOT SEND ANY ATTACHMENTS; they will not be opened.
Please state in your e-mail that you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.