Vista Radio Ltd.
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Posted: February 11, 2018
Here it is. Your next big break.
- You're detail oriented, with a passion for getting it first - and getting it right.
- You're comfortable in the council chamber, the courtroom, or the locker room (well, as comfortable as the locker room gets)
- You're a team player, a self-starter, and are willing and able to lead by example.
- You understand social media, its importance, and its evolving role in the news cycle.
- You're comfortable with a variety of platforms and can handle producing content in audio, video, and written forms.
If this is you, apply now to be our News Reporter in Stratford with Vista Radio!
Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. Vista radio is privileged to operate 42 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 70 transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories.
Why Vista Radio Ltd? Our Advantage:
- Success: Small to medium size business have experienced the success of Vista's enterprise operating ad platform.
- Impact: Every business relies on advertising solutions, meaning your work makes a large impact on their success.
- Cutting Edge: Vista's digital marketing solutions are EXPLODING, setting us up as the advertising powerhouse.
- Creative Environment: Here at Vista we support opportunities to engage in creative, outside the box, processes.
If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, join our team. With more than 300 employees our team is passionately dedicated to their communities and is committed to generating exceptional local radio.
- Responsible for sourcing and writing news stories and anchoring afternoon newscasts
- Target is 4-5 stories per day for both on air and online use
- Edit and anchor news, sports and weather as assigned
- Cover all news beats including crime, local politics, the environment, social justice issues, business, labour and community events as necessary
- Daily updating for the news section on the station website
- On-location broadcasts/remotes as required
- Utilize social media to build audience and contacts
- Being a positive leader in the building and assist in creating a winning team attitude
- Full understanding of Company values
- Represent the station at community/station events
- Responsibilities and schedule requirements may change from time to time as business needs dictate
- College Diploma/University Degree in Broadcast Journalism or Radio
- Strong presentation and vocal skills are essential. Experience preferred.
- Excellent writing skills and strong understanding of current events.
- Impeccable attention to detail: spelling, grammar and sentence structure.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills and competency of technology/social media.
- Experience with ENCO, Adobe Audition and Newsroom an asset.
- Independent, motivated, self-starter.
- Positive attitude and friendly manner.
- Valid driver's license and own insured vehicle.
- Grasp of news photography for online publication
Please apply at http://www.vistaradio.ca/careers, stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.
Vista Radio Ltd.
201-910 Fitzgerald Ave
Tel: (250) 650-6059