Location: Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
Posted: February 12, 2018
Deadline: March 15, 2018
Salary: not stated
Do you have a passion for news? The ability to create content on multiple platforms? And the drive to keep up with an ever-changing industry? The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group, the dominant online news source in central and northern Saskatchewan, has an exciting opportunity for a full-time general assignment reporter based in Prince Albert, SK. A keen interest or previous reporting experience in crime and court beat would be an asset.
As part of the largest news group in the region, you’ll have a track record of reporting ‘News Now’ content with headlines that stand out in daily news feeds and across multiple platforms. You should also have the ability to include compelling photography and/or video content that can be used to accompany stories or as stand-alone items.
You may be the reporter we’re looking for if:
- You understand the importance of “local” in local news and bring ideas to work every day
- You have a degree, diploma or equivalent experience from a recognized broadcast program
- You have sound knowledge of Canadian Press style
- You can present compelling content from all genres of news (breaking news, features, crime and politics, etc.)
- You’re passionate about news and adept at all platforms, including engagement on the web and social media
- You have a valid drivers license
- You are willing to perform other duties as needed
*** Our New Applicant Self ID form is available for download at http://www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf
and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
*** As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.
Please send your resume, references, writing examples, and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form - along with a cover note stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - by March 15, 2018.
The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group
1316 Central Avenue