Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: February 12, 2018
Deadline: April 12, 2018
Captivate is North America’s leading location-based digital video network reaching 12 million unique viewers every month. We connect viewers to the world outside their office by utilizing multiple touch points including elevator screens, mobile & desktop.
As a Bilingual Editor, you will spend your days immersed in the news, researching and producing engaging content for Captivate’s network of digital screens in the office environment. Your purpose will be to empower busy professionals with actionable information throughout their work day. If you’re a news junkie looking to exercise your editing skills in the digital space, this may be an excellent career step for you. You can make a difference in our fun, dynamic and hardworking office culture. This is an on-going, contract assignment. We’re looking for someone to work 30-40 hours a week out of our Toronto office.
- Comb our content providers’ websites for fresh, compelling and relevant content, and edit the info into easily digestible news nuggets for our digital space in both English and French.
- Minimal translation.
- Maintain Captivate’s voice and style.
- Brainstorm and develop sponsorable content for advertisers.
- Cultivate creativity, as there will be opportunities to develop original programming features
Why You Should Work at Captivate
Captivate encourages work-life balance through team building activities, employee outings and celebratory events. Captivate offers a great work environment and provides employees the opportunity to make an impact, through employer gift match programs & volunteer opportunities.
Behind the screens of Captivate are real people. Check out our Employee Spotlight page!
Connect with us on social media!
- A Bachelor of journalism or degree in another relevant field.
- At least two years of editorial experience on any platform that demonstrates familiarity with CP style.
- Familiarity with Ottawa culture
- Skills with basic photo editing including Photoshop.
- Fluency in social media.
- Meticulous copy editing skills, sound news judgment and an ability to meet multiple deadlines daily.
- Ability to work at 6 am, out of our Toronto office.
- Ability to work 30-40 hours a week in an on-going, contract assignment.
Qualified applications please send your resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - here
Kelly Williams, manager talent acquisition
, United States
Tel: (646) 205-8562
Fax: (646) 205-8562