Dovetail Communications Inc.
|Communications Assistant/Staff Writer
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posted: February 23, 2018
Deadline: March 23, 2018
Communications Assistant/Staff Writer Part-time (21 hours min. with potential to establish as a full-time position)
For more than 30 years, Dovetail Communications has delivered experience and expertise to help clients reach their business goals. From design to sales, we help craft, build and grow our clients’ missions. We are a creative family of hard workers and trained professionals that deliver award-winning work. We care about our customers’ success, so quality is important to us. We love what we do, and we’re looking for someone who shares this passion.
The successful applicant will support communications and writing activities on behalf of Dovetail’s industry association clients. Working closely with the Executive Editor and Director of Marketing, the successful candidate will assist with strategy development, write both strategic and promotional content, manage a variety of communication channels, and constantly seek new opportunities to achieve communications goals. The candidate will also write for Dovetail’s portfolio of magazines.
- Contribute to strategic planning and recommend communications activities.
- Implement and oversee communications initiatives, including writing various types of corporate communications such as newsletters, web copy, invitations, press releases, whitepapers, presentations, and more.
- Investigate, develop and write magazine profiles, articles and feature stories.
- Curate content and increase audience engagement on the clients’ various social media channels.
- Support the design, production, distribution, and quality control of communications and marketing materials.
- Liaise with communications and media contacts worldwide. Support clients’ delivery of and participation at industry meetings and events, including attending in person when deemed necessary.
- Act as an ambassador on behalf of clients and as the primary contact for association communications in some cases.
- Build strong relationships with member companies and communications counterparts worldwide based on exceptional customer service, research, innovation, and continuous quality improvement.
- Adhere to established workflow procedures and processes.
- Shepherd work through necessary approvals and manage revisions meticulously.
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to contribute meaningfully to strategic communications processes, including identifying and managing issues and opportunities.
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and able to understand complex issues and translate them into interesting and lively articles and communications materials.
- Deadline-driven, full of story ideas, and an independent worker.
- Positive client relationship management.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration.
- Focus on continuous improvement.
- Superb written and oral communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience with various social media tools and blogs.
- Positive attitude and ability to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- High degree of business acumen and comfort building relationships with senior executives.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or journalism.
- Experience in both corporate communications and journalism preferred.
- Experience with associations would be considered an asset.
Please note only selected candidates will be contacted.
If you are interested in this opportunity, email your resume with a cover letter, stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
Dovetail Communications Inc.
Web address: http://www.dvtail.com