Postmedia Network Inc.
|Summer Internships - Multimedia Journalists
Location: Multiple Cities, Alberta
Posted: April 4, 2018
Postmedia Network Inc. is seeking a number of exceptional multimedia journalists for paid summer intern positions in our busy Alberta newsrooms.
We are seeking journalists who excel at writing crisp, concise copy, taking clear and dynamic photographs and have the ability to offer creative ideas for stories and features.
The ideal candidates should thrive in a busy newsroom, be able to take on and handle multiple stories at a time and have a keen understanding of the importance of social media.
Openings are in the following areas, some placements are for up to three communities:
- Area 1: Southern Alberta Airdrie, Banff, Cochrane, Hanna, High River, Nanton, Pincher Creek, Strathmore, Vulcan
- Area 2: Greater Edmonton Beaumont, Camrose, Devon, Lacombe, Leduc, Sherwood Park, Spruce Grove/Stony Plain, Vermillion, Wetaskiwin
- Area 3: Northern Alberta Cold Lake, Drayton Valley, Edson, Fairview, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Hinton, Mayerthorpe, Peace River, Whitecourt
- This 12-week internship starts June 4.
- Superior writing skills and news judgment
- Proficiency in photography and knowledge of multimedia reporting
- An understanding of layout and knowledge of Adobe InDesign
- An understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter
- A journalism degree or diploma or current enrolment in a journalism program or similar stream.
- Applicants must own their own reliable vehicle and have their own DSLR camera
- These internships involve shift work, including evenings and weekends
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Applicants who meet the job requirements are invited to submit a cover letter (stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board, resume and two samples of published work (attach them as documents, please, don’t just send links) by midnight MST April 25, 2018 to: email@example.com
with your name, the position title and location(s) you are applying for in the subject line.
Applicants are welcome to apply to more than one location.
We would like to thank all interested applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.