Metroland Media Group
|Copy Editors (FT, PT, multiple)
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posted: April 7, 2018
Deadline: April 30, 2018
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
The Hamilton Spectator has an opening for full time and part-time copy editors on the print and online production desk. The successful candidate will work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to deal with a variety of content subjects and areas
- Be able to write, rewrite and edit stories
- Use copy editing skills to enhance quality output in print and online
- Have a basic understanding of libel and defamation
- Expectations for online responsibilities include writing of SEO headlines, as well as the selection and editing of web stories.
- Uploading photos, video, photo galleries and other multimedia are also part of the job
- Degree or Diploma in Journalism or in related field
- The successful candidate will handle content on a variety of platforms and publications
- Someone who has a passion for words, strong rewriting abilities and news instincts
- Passion for content, new media and technology
- Knows CP style and is a stickler for grammar, sentence structure, spelling and punctuation
- Familiarity with NewsGate is essential
- Print and online production is deadline driven and the successful candidate must be able to work quickly and decisively
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview
Please email your resume and cover note - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to firstname.lastname@example.org
for consideration. Please indicate whether you are interested in a part time or full time opportunity.
Metroland Media Group - The Hamilton Spectator
44 Frid St.
Tel: (905) 526-3383