Sylvan Lake News (Black Press)
Location: Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Posted: May 16, 2018
The Sylvan Lake News and Eckville Echo have an immediate opening for a Multimedia Reporter to join our award-winning team.
The successful candidate must be community-minded with a daily focus toward community news and events coverage. You will be well-versed in social media and very comfortable in a digital-first environment.
This role encompasses the overall contribution and presentation, utilizing both traditional print and online/social formats, of informative articles, compelling feature stories, great videos and photos – on a daily basis for the papers’ digital products, and on a weekly basis for the print editions.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Reporting, writing stories, covering events, shooting video and photos;
- Ensuring daily, timely website and social media postings are scheduled and completed;
- Some editing of local news stories, columns and letters to the editor;
- Aid in weekly planning and layout of print editions, as required;
- Writing a bi-weekly editorial column for the two papers’ opinion sections.
- Journalism degree or diploma;
- Strong writing skills; familiarity with CP style;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Camera, Driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
The Sylvan Lake News and Eckville Echo offer a great working environment with a competitive remuneration plan and excellent benefits package. Interested candidates should send resumé, writing samples and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gauln's Journalism Job Board - to:
Alanna Wilson, publisher
Black Press - Sylvan Lake News
Suite 103, 5020 - 50A Street
Tel: (403) 887-2331
Web address: http://www.sylvanlakenews.com