Lawyers' Professional Indemnity Company
|Legal Writer and Content Manager
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: June 21, 2018
Deadline: July 21, 2018
LAWPRO is an innovative provider of insurance products and services that enhance the viability and competitive position of the legal profession. LAWPRO operates nationally, serving lawyers' insurance needs through malpractice insurance in Ontario, including an excess insurance program, and title insurance across the country. LAWPRO insures over 26,000 practicing lawyers, as well as providing them with risk and practice management information under the practicePRO banner.
The Legal Writer and Content Manager is a person that is fueled by storytelling and relentlessly devoted to the needs, preferences and interests of the audience. With an audience-first lens, the writer will develop content including feature articles, blog posts, checklists, fact sheets, and other materials that interest the Ontario legal profession while providing key practice management and risk management help. Taking data and turning it into compelling stories that illuminate the practical experience of law professionals is needed. We are looking for someone with an eye for and understanding of the changes the profession is facing and the opportunities they present.
The Writer and Content Manager can translate technical information into straightforward and interesting copy that informs and instructs. Cleverly turning themes and issues into editorial content including presentations, video scripts, infographs and social media content is an asset. The writer is comfortable interviewing sources, has strong writing skills, and seeks to explain the “why” of a problem, not just the “what.”
- A journalism and/or law degree combined with relevant work experience.
- Real-world experience in a primarily writing role for a professional audience.
- Experience in practice or another legal setting.
- A diverse body of work demonstrating creativity and superb content sensibility with experience writing both marketing copy and editorial-style features.
- Knowledge of law practice management and legal technologies.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, vocabulary and grammar usage, and knowledge of CP Style.
- The ability to adopt the style, tone and voice to suit varied audiences, and to write various types of content on a wide range of topics.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision while managing multiple projects with many variables, competing deadlines and moving parts.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (in particular Word, PowerPoint and Excel) WordPress, Photoshop, Campaigner an asset.
- French language skills would be an asset.
LAWPRO is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. 2005. Please be advised that accommodation is available in our recruitment processes to all applicants with disabilities, upon request.
Reply in confidence with resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to: