Avenue Edmonton (Odvod Publishing Inc.)
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posted: June 22, 2018
Deadline: July 13, 2018
Avenue Edmonton is looking for an assistant editor. It might be you if you are:
- Experienced in magazine journalism and are enthusiastic about Edmonton’s city issues, food, decor and fashion;
- A meticulous organizer and are comfortable editing and fact-checking stories;
- You are deadline driven;
- Passionate about magazines;
- Comfortable with CP style;
- Driven nuts by plural/singular disagreement;
- Contributing stories for the front of the book (Detours section) and writing short pieces for the Avenue website;
- Assigning stories, and being the first point of contact for the decor, fashion and our
- Words and Pictures sections. This also includes scouting locations and sourcing items that are photographed for the magazine;
- Attend events such as magazine launches or functions where the magazine’s presence is required;
- Brainstorming story ideas and regularly attending story meetings;
- Being the first set of eyes on copy as we make edits. As well, you will need to communicate with writers about revisions that may need to be made to their copy;
- Maintaining our story calendar and making sure contracts are sent out to contributors, and that invoices are delivered to our accounting department;
- Writing features;
- Editing copy to CP Style;
- Resident of the greater Edmonton area.
- Have a strong writing portfolio.
- Magazine experience.
- Work well in a team environment.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please send your résumé, CV and published writing samples (in PDF format, no links to websites, please) - along with a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to: