Town of Aurora
|Digital Strategist (contract)
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Posted: June 28, 2018
Deadline: July 13, 2018
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Communications, the Digital Strategist is responsible for providing support in all key areas of print and digital communications. Utilizing their skills in branding, videography, photography, design and storytelling, the digital strategist will work as part of a creative and energetic team to take advantage of existing and emerging communications platforms to raise community awareness of Town programs, events and services.
The digital strategist will create content including; short/long videos, print collateral (posters, postcards, brochures), illustrations, infographics, photographs, etc., which tell stories in a unique way and foster two-way communication between the Town and residents. Understanding social media – what works and what doesn’t – will be critical to success in this role, as will the ability to deliver excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity:
- You must have a minimum of three years of demonstrated experience in corporate communications, marketing or advertising, preferably with a focus on digital strategy as well as a University Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Digital Communications, Video Production, Graphic Design, Corporate Communications or related discipline.
- You will have outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a solid understanding of branding and marketing best practices.
- You are a highly-motivated individual who takes a leadership role in creating innovative and cutting-edge communications products.
- You will be committed to improving community engagement through the use of engaging communications products.
- You will have a strong ability to multi-task within a dynamic environment as well as a key attention to detail, demonstrated sound judgment, organization, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- You have proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro), video editing software, and the print production process.
- Ability to work as part of a creative and collaborative team, liaising with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization and to function effectively with minimal supervision.
- Experience in shooting videos and photos, ability to use a Sony A7 III camera, is preferred.
- The successful candidate for this role will have a valid Class “G” driver’s license in good standing and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business, as well as the ability to work outside of regular business hours, as required.
Police Criminal Record Check:
Successful applicants to this position will be required to provide a Police Criminal Record Check that is satisfactory to the Town prior to their start date.
The Town of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to recognizing and celebrating the diversity of opinion, talent and expertise that make each person unique. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants requiring accommodation are asked to contact Human Resources.
Applicant information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine qualifications for employment with the Town of Aurora. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to the Manager of Human Resources at 905-727-3123.
If you are interested in joining our dedicated team of municipal professionals, please apply online here or forward your resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
JOB 18-55 - Human Resources
Town of Aurora
100 John West Way, Box 1000