Northern Ontario Business
|Editor - Sudbury Mining Solutions Journal
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Posted: July 16, 2018
Deadline: August 16, 2018
Over the last century, Northern Ontario has accumulated a critical mass of mining knowledge and expertise. Sudbury Mining Solutions Journal brings that information to the global mining community. Reporting to the Publisher, the Editor assumes a lead role on the quarterly published magazine from concept to print. The editor works with management and sales teams to define overall goals and objectives, collaboratively plan marketing strategies and ensures professional representation of the brand internally and externally.
The editor of Sudbury Mining Solutions Journal is responsible for the following:
- Determining the content plan for the four annual issues of the publication by proactively keeping in touch with the mining supply community and representatives of the mining industry in Northern Ontario.
- Ensuring adherence to the highest standards of journalism and the mission of showcasing the mining expertise of Northern Ontario.
- Crafting a content plan that highlights the development and deployment of innovative technology, products and solutions by Northern Ontario mining suppliers and reports on news impacting on the Northern Ontario mining and exploration industry.
- Assigning stories to freelance journalists, managing the relationship with established columnists and editing submitted material.
- Attending conferences, trade shows and other events.
- Researching, interviewing and writing stories.
- Ensuring the availability of graphics to illustrate stories.
- Ensuring adherence to publication deadlines.
- Deciding on the placement of stories and overseeing the design of each publication by production staff.
- Liaising with an external proofreader, reviewing each publication prior to going to press and submitting final changes to production.
- Ensuring the content from each publication is posted on the publication’s website.
- Liaising with accounting staff to ensure freelancers are paid.
- A minimum of 5 years reporting experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, multi-tasking projects simultaneously
- Knowledge and interest in technical, science and business reporting
- Interested in living in Northern Ontario
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send a resume with a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board to:
Sudbury Northern Life
158 Elgin St
Tel: (705) 673-5667
Web address: http://www.sudburyminingsolutions.com