Strategy Magazine / Media in Canada
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: August 1, 2018
Two of Brunico Communications’ industry-leading publications – strategy and Media in Canada – are looking for an experienced staff writer for a full-time position in downtown Toronto.
We're in search of a dedicated newshound with an inquisitive mind who's driven to break news and generate unique story ideas. As a member of our digital and print team, the staff writer is responsible for writing two to three stories per day, including news articles, trend pieces and other coverage relevant to Canada's marketing, advertising and media industries. They will also work on longer-lead stories and editorial projects for both strategy and Media in Canada.
- Two to four years of writing experience in a daily news environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience with high-volume editorial output
- Experience and comfort with establishing and maintaining key editorial relationships with executive-level contacts
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage a beat, with responsibility for generating story ideas, research, writing and proofing
- A team-player attitude and a high degree of comfort with working on a small editorial team
- University degree or college diploma in journalism or a related field
- A background in business journalism and knowledge of the marketing/advertising and media industries are strong assets
Please include a brief cover letter (including salary expectations and stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board), resume, three brief story ideas that would be relevant to the strategy and/or Media in Canada audiences and three relevant writing samples, such as short news pieces or special report features.
366 Adelaide St West
Tel: (416) 408-2300
Web address: http://strategyonline.ca