Bayard Press Canada
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: September 12, 2018
Deadline: September 28, 2018
Bayard Canada, one of Canada’s leading publishers of books and magazines, is seeking an administrative coordinator. This full-time position is based in our Toronto office and is ideal for a highly motivated and detail-oriented person with at least two years prior publishing or administrative experience who is excited to work on the business side of the publishing industry.
Reporting to the Publisher, Owlkids Magazines, the successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of tasks for Novalis, Owlkids Magazines and Owlkids Books, including managing the contract and royalty processes, photo research, editorial support, coordinating grant applications, and general office management.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Publishing Director and the Assistant Publishing Director of Novalis with the preparation and coordination for acquisitions meetings, obtaining CIP data and ISBNs, and coordinating marketing materials
- Photo research and obtaining photo permissions for Owlkids Books and Owlkids Magazines
- Coordinating the contract process for all new Novalis and Owlkids Books titles and for illustrator and author contracts for Owlkids Magazines
- Setting up author/illustrator royalty payment information in Bayard’s central database and distributing twice yearly royalty reports to authors and illustrators
- Managing the overall coordination of grant applications
- General office administration, including acting as the primary contact for all office and building requests, liaising with Bayard’s Montreal office as necessary, managing petty cash, coordinating the purchase of office supplies, processing invoices, organizing lunches and other events as requested
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong organizational and time management skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information discretely and with diplomacy
- Proficiency in MS office, Excel and Outlook
- A post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in publishing, English, or Business Management
- Knowledge of French would be an asset, as would previous experience working with contracts and royalties
Bayard Canada is an equal opportunity employer and offers a positive work environment and excellent benefits program.
Applicants should forward their CV and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - by September 28th to: