Starboard Communications (95.5 Hits FM, Cool 100, and InQuinte.ca)
|News Reporter & Anchor
Location: Belleville, Ontario
Posted: September 12, 2018
Deadline: October 11, 2018
Starboard Communications, operating as 95.5 Hits FM, Cool 100 and InQuinte.ca in the Belleville/Quinte region is seeking a full-time reporter/fill-in anchor for our news department.
This is a permanent full time position – 37.5 hours per week with some evening and weekend work possible – providing news and feature reporting for both online and on air, as well as photography/video for online and on air anchor work on fill-in/weekend basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for researching writing and posting/airing news and feature stories, shooting pictures and video, and posting to social media. Occasional fill-in on-air anchor shifts will also be required.
- Research, write and post stories and newscasts
- Take pictures and shoot video to support online news content
- Maintain and develop regular contacts with key local agencies (ie. police, fire, CFB Trenton) and individuals
- Monitor various media and other sources for potential news stories, breaking news and feature ideas as well as developing your own stories
- Represent Starboard Communications at public events either being covered as a report or simply attending as a company representative
- Experience in reporting for radio or online/print sources required; experience with both preferred.
- Proven interviewing and writing skills, including ability to compose and post written news and feature stories quickly, accurately and to deadline both online and on air.
- Solid on-air presence and the ability to compose and present a cohesive and listenable newscast
- Proficiency with editing, sound, photography and video software.
- Ability to monitor automation software and help keeping the station running on weekend shifts
- Proficiency with social media
- Qualified driver’s licence and ability to drive station vehicles when required
- Team player who is also able to work independently while producing high quality material
Applications should include a recorded newscast with sports and weather (about four minutes in length) and at least two writing samples, with photography preferred.
Please state in your cover note that you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board and send to:
Starboard Communications Ltd
497 Dundas Street West
Tel: (613) 966-0955
Fax: (613) 967-2565
Web address: http://www.inquinte.ca