|Inventory and Customer Service Coordinator
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: October 1, 2018
Deadline: October 19, 2018
Novalis Publishing, the religious publishing arm of Bayard Canada, is seeking a self-starting candidate for the position of Inventory and Customer Service Coordinator.
The position involves three key areas: serving all Novalis customers including bookstores and schools; inventory management and dealing with orders for books; and regular creating of sales reports and doing sales analysis.
Duties include, but not necessarily limited to:
1) Customer Service – providing support for all Novalis customers and products in Canada
- Taking orders from bookstore, school and institutional customers for Novalis published books, all resources and distributed books.
- Handling any customer service queries to satisfactory resolution such as customer claims and complaints regarding wrong bills, shipments, etc. and managing the list of claims
- Creating new accounts as needed.
- Sending forms when requested, such as credit application, return policy, distribution list, desk copy procedures, up-to-date accounts.
- Run back order reports for customers when requested.
- Handling returns from customers, verifying return privileges for extension, etc.
- Liaison, as required, with Montreal warehouse and staff as related to customer service queries, deliveries, etc.
2) Inventory Responsibilities - co-ordinating all inventory related issues
- Monitoring inventory levels for all distributed titles, determine appropriate inventory levels and order accordingly.
- New product creation for distributed books, including bibliographic data and product details for internal and external systems including Vigie, ONIX Edit, data feeds for Amazon, Chapters/Indigo, CoreSource, etc.
- Placing orders with publishers according to a regular schedule or by special request if necessary.
- Being familiar with all distributed publishers and knowing the distribution terms and agreements for each publisher.
- Arranging returns to distributed publishers on a scheduled basis to ensure proper inventory levels.
- In conjunction with Sales Manager, track and manage Novalis inventory levels.
- Keeping current files of purchases orders, including outstanding orders.
- Tracking outstanding purchase orders.
- Providing information and insights to the company in terms of key areas of responsibilities
- Managing and maintain appropriate and organized files and records of work duties.
- Attending various conferences and shows upon agreement
- Other customer, inventory and sales analysis duties as requested.
Novalis offers a friendly and dynamic mission-driven work environment, with excellent compensation, commensurate with experience.
- Three to five years of experience working in an inventory/sales administration capacity
- Self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, capable of adapting quickly to change.
- Good communications skills, in writing and oral forms.
- High level of proficiency in a customer service role, taking orders and solving problems.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency with computer and technology systems and a variety of related programs (including Microsoft Office Suite, and CRM programs).
- Degree or diploma in related field such as book publishing, business, communications, marketing or sales.
- Knowledge of Christian Canadian market an asset.
- Working knowledge of French is an asset.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume, along with salary expectations and citing you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board, to:
10 Lower Spadina Ave., Suite 400
Tel: (416) 363-3303
Fax: (855) 393-1555
Web address: http://www.novalis.ca