|Assistant Homepage Editor (1-year contract)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: November 5, 2018
Yahoo Canada is looking for a skilled editor to assist in managing daily production of editorial content and promotion for Yahoo Canada Homepage and News. This position is a one-year contract.
The primary functions involve homepage coverage, packaging and curating, story ideation and production.
The candidate should be prepared to jump into all roles on the Homepage and News team on any given day – packaging content, copy-editing, conducting interviews, analyzing data, as well as having the ability to collaborate and cooperate with editors across the newsroom and abroad.
- 3+ years of digital journalism experience
- Experience identifying and curating top stories of the day for national audience
- Experience publishing about a broad range of topics from news, sports, finance, celebrity and lifestyle
- Ability to monitor, curate, write breaking news in real time
- Experience editing, producing engaging headlines that are both SEO- and social-friendly
- An understanding of mobile audiences and proven ability to curate content for that group of readers
- Experience with tracking tools analyzing real-time traffic and trends and translating data to success
- Passion for storytelling and uncovering interesting and engaging assignment ideas
- Ability to work 5-day week including holidays, weekends and evening shifts
- Experience managing freelancers or other team members is an asset
- Experience in production or creation of videos - both long and short-form – is an asset
- BA or BS degree, preferably in a journalism related degree.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
99 Spadina Avenue, Suite 200
Web address: http://www.yahoo.ca