Alta Newspaper Group
Location: Maple Creek, Saskatchewan
Posted: April 9, 2019
Deadline: April 22, 2019
The Maple Creek News-Times has an immediate opening for an experienced journalist to join our team.
We are committed to providing the best news coverage in the communities we serve.
Our newsroom produces two editions per week (Tuesday & Thursday).
The successful candidate must have a interest in providing top level community journalism.
This is a hands on position that requires a well organized, multi-tasking individual.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing 10-15 stories each week
- Willing to learn layout of pages using Adobe InDesign
- Representing the paper in the community
- Uploading stories to the website/social media
- A reliable vehicle is a must
- Hours will vary with some evening and weekend work required
- A College Diploma or university degree in journalism
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in all Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
We offer an extensive benefits package after three months.
Interested candidate should send resume, clippings and a cover letter stating they found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board:
Maple Creek News
116 Harder Street
Web address: http://www.maplecreeknews.com