Location: Dufferin-Caledon, Ontario
Posted: April 11, 2019
Deadline: April 26, 2019
Salary: To be negotiated
London Publishing has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic, hard working journalist to join its team in the Dufferin-Caledon division.
With weekly publications in Orangeville, Caledon and Shelburne, the position provides the right candidate with a unique opportunity to cover a wide-range of beats and issues across the County, including, but not limited to, general news, community features, municipal council, court and both sports and entertainment.
This is an ideal position for a recent Journalism graduate.
We are looking for a candidate that fits the below criteria:
- Produce between 10 and 15 bylines per week
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and take direction, while generating original story ideas
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Canadian Press style
- Ability to upload stories to website and social media
- Willingness to represent the organization in the community
Some weekend and evening work will be required. A reliable vehicle and valid driver's license is a must to be successful in this position.
- A college diploma or university degree in Journalism
- Hard worker who is looking to become part of a closely-knit team
- Ability to juggle numerous tasks and responsibilities on a daily basis
- Some experience in a newsroom setting
Please send your cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume to:
10 First Street