Kings County Record
Location: Sussex, New Brunswick
Posted: April 14, 2019
Deadline: May 25, 2019
Brunswick News is recruiting for an Editor for the King’s County Record in Sussex, NB.
This is your opportunity to work with an award-winning team to build the digital audience for our successful paywall news site while continuing a tradition of excellence in print.
The successful candidate will be a proven journalist with the ability to lead and mentor others in a small newsroom with a proud history. Reporting to the editor of the Telegraph-Journal in Saint John, this position offers a hands-on role for a dedicated leader with a passion for excellence in community journalism.
- Clarity of writing style and a demonstrated ability to produce detailed, accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to generate original stories.
- A track record of newsroom leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to develop assignments and help shape the work of other journalists.
- Organizational and administrative skills.
- Sound knowledge of Canadian Press style.
- A BA degree, a journalism degree and/or professional publishing courses are a plus
- An excellent command of the English language; fluency in French would be an asset.
- Photography and videography skills are also an asset.
- A sound understanding of media law.
- A valid driver's licence.
- The desire to live and work in the beautiful town of Sussex, New Brunswick
What we offer
- Competitive salary, RRSP, Health, Drug and Dental benefits.
- Career growth within our network of media outlets.
- Challenging, meaningful work.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board to email@example.com by Thursday, April 25, 2019, to the attention of Jack Poirier, Managing Editor
210 Crown St
, New Brunswick