|Web and Social Media Editor
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posted: May 8, 2019
Deadline: May 20, 2019
This is an opportunity to join the award-winning team at Avenue Edmonton, the city's pre-eminent lifestyle magazine. You have a great understanding of WordPress and are an ace at handling various social-media streams. You love the city's food scene and discovering new things. You thrive in a high-paced working environment and like to meet new people and attend major events. You can represent a magazine with sophistication. You are fashion-savvy and are plugged into the city. You can edit to CP Style, write engaging articles and have previous journalism experience, either at a magazine or writing features.
We are looking for a Web and Social Media Editor, someone who will coordinate Avenue's digital assets as well as assisting in the production of the print magazine. This is a full-time position in our Edmonton office.
- Write posts, maintain the events calendar and oversee the operation of the AvenueEdmonton.com website
- Ensure all social media posts meet the standards of the Avenue brand; consistently engage our followers on our Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Edit and coordinate our Weekender e-newsletter, that goes out weekly to subscribers
- Research and write the "Property of the Week" section
- Edit and coordinate Avenue's dining section, one of the most-read sections of the print magazine
- Maintain the editorial calendar and work with the editor to ensure that budget targets are met, issue to issue
- Write articles and perform interviews as needed
- Attend editorial meetings and offer story ideas
- Assist the art director in coordinating fashion editorial
- Help create source lists for fashion editorial shoots.
No graphics or charts or LinkedIn rankings of your capabilities should be included in your résumé or CV. No pie charts. No need to tell us if you are worth three dots or four dots in "engagement." We want to see how well you write and describe yourself.
Your résumé should be black type on a white document. In a clear font.
If you think you have what it takes, please send a résumé and three clippings of your work, in PDF format (no links, please), along with a cover note stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board, and send to:
10221 123 St. NW
Tel: (780) 451-1379
Web address: http://www.avenueedmonton.com