Location: Westmount, Quebec
Posted: July 3, 2019
Deadline: July 22, 2019
CIM Magazine is looking for a talented editor to join our team to help cover the people, the projects and the essential themes of the Canadian and international mining industries.
Who are we?
CIM Magazine is the pre-eminent source, in print and online, for high-quality, well-crafted editorial on the mining and metals industry. Published eight times per year by the 121-year-old Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum, CIM Magazine is the authoritative source for coverage of topics that span the life of the mine - from exploration, to operation to closure. We match the talents of writers, editors and artists to the stories that are most relevant to the educated and engaged professionals who are the foundation of the industry. Although CIM may have a long history, we are focused on the future and how to provide our members with the information they need for their careers. The publications department is an energetic and ambitious team who produce quality content that we take a lot of pride in.
- Developing, assigning and editing stories relevant to our readership of CIM members and industry professionals
- Writing and/or assigning feature stories, profiles and interviews
- Promoting magazine content on social media and via newsletters
- Working with fellow editors to develop and refine editorial
- Working with the editor-in-chief to manage the editorial internship program and other projects as needed
- 3 years’ experience in digital or print journalism
- Story assignment and editing experience
- Knowledge of Canadian Press style
- Experience with MailChimp, social media and social media management platforms
- Excellent English language skills, both oral and written, with proficiency in French a definite asset
- Very strong organizational skills; ability to work under pressure, establishing priorities to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent eye for detail; critical-thinking skills
- Familiarity with desktop publishing software, e.g. InDesign, Quark, as well as Photoshop is an asset
- Knowledge of the resource sector is certainly helpful, but not essential
Please send your resume, cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board, and work
samples via email with your name and the
position in the subject line, to:
1250-3500 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W.
Tel: (514) 939-2710
Web address: http://www.magazine.cim.org