Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: July 19, 2019
Salary: not stated
VerticalScope, Inc. is a Toronto-based premium publisher with a wholly owned network of more than 1,000 professional content sites and communities, mobile applications, video content and custom editorial content. In business since 1999, and attracting more than 85 million monthly visitors, VerticalScope is now one of the largest publishers in North America.
We’re looking for a Content Director to work out of VerticalScope’s Toronto headquarters to oversee our editorial department, including a team of editors both in-house and remote.
Reporting to the VP, Content, the ideal candidate will be an expert at managing both people and data.
We’re looking for someone who is exceptionally organized and analytical to further develop our industry-leading properties with high-quality SEO content, helping consumers educate themselves on products and make smart shopping decisions. Plus, they’ll have a proven track record in transactional content, with expertise in converting researchers to shoppers, using affiliate and lead-gen programs.
You’ll be responsible for content on a variety of sites including AutoGuide.com, Motorcycle.com, ATV.com, AVSForum.com and MTBR.com.
- Laying out detailed content plans/strategies and ensuring compliance by editorial teams
- Creating and managing content calendars for sites and holding teams to deadlines
- Overseeing the implementation of lead-generation tactics across our automotive sites
- Continuing the roll-out of affiliate content across sites
- Ensuring revenue growth via affiliate/commerce content on sites
- Advising on content direction and strategy
- Providing weekly reports on KPIs
- Oversee video strategy
- Oversee site redesigns to better convert readers into shoppers
- 10+ Years of Content Team Management Experience
- Experience with Ahrefs, Google Analytics and Search Console
- Experience in affiliate/transactional content and/or lead-gen programs/strategies
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated and ad hoc projects to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
VerticalScope Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family or marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or any other protected ground or social area according to Human Rights laws in Canada.
If you require disability related accommodation during the application, recruitment and interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to make all possible adjustments to suit your needs.
Though we are only able to respond to applicants that are being considered for an actively open position, we sincerely thank all applicants who are interested in working with us and are glad to hear from you.
Interested applicants please send resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to: