Location: Miramichi, New Brunswick
Posted: September 16, 2019
Deadline: October 18, 2019
BNI is Atlantic Canada's most dynamic media group, providing a comprehensive package of news and information to readers throughout New Brunswick daily.
We are currently seeking an Editor for the Miramichi Leader in Miramichi to lead a vibrant local-news operation that publishes three times a week . As a change-friendly journalist, this is your opportunity to work with award-winning journalists in building a digital audience for our successful paywall news site while continuing a tradition of excellence in print.
The successful candidate will combine strong journalistic judgement, an enthusiasm for breaking news and the ability to bring readers to that content through social media. Our new editor will be not just a seasoned editor and reporter, but a leader and mentor.
Reporting to the editor of the Times & Transcript, the Miramichi Leader editor will be a hands-on role for a dedicated front-line newsroom leader devoted to excellence in community journalism.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Health, drug and dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Fitness and weight management reimbursements
- Challenging, meaningful work
- Proven track record as a leader of editorial staff
- Demonstrated ability to shape stories and to propel ideas and issues
- Conversant in, and insistent on, the use of social media
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with an eye for detail
- A BA degree, a journalism degree and/or professional publishing courses are a plus
- Bilingualism an asset
- The desire to live and work in the beautiful city of Miramichi, New Brunswick
By Oct 18th, please send a cover letter stating you found this on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume to:
939 Main Street
, New Brunswick