Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posted: September 1, 2020
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com
We currently have an opening for a News Editor for the Mississauga News, Brampton Guardian and Caledon Enterprise newsroom. The News Editor will work with the Managing Editor and reporters to publish hyper-local and actionable journalism for three weekly newspapers and websites.
- Degree or Diploma in Journalism or in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a reporter
- Experience in copy editing and page layout is an asset.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and especially written skills (Canadian Press Style). Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven and demanding environment, driven for results.
- Team-oriented individual with proven leadership skills who can build professional relationships with team members.
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.
Apply with a cover letter stating that you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume.