Jim Pattison Broadcast Group
Location: Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: December 1, 2020
The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group ‘NOW’ group of portals is looking for a highly capable individual with a passion for journalism to join our team as a full-time news editor.
This person will possess solid news judgement and oversee aspects of digital news content on multiple platforms including paNOW.com, battlefordsNOW.com and northeastNOW.com among other JPBG portals. They will be well versed in Canadian Press (CP) style writing and have strong attention to detail. In addition to editing, some reporting will also be required.
This is a full-time position. The location of the position is based in the hub of our multi-market operation in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan; however, we are open to consider remote work for the right individual.
- Working effectively with the News Directors to curate daily content on our portals and social media
- Responding quickly to breaking news.
- Being responsible for quality control through copy editing and adding creative elements
- Building multimedia-rich story packages.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Strong writing skills, CP knowledge and journalistic integrity
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and work with fellow employees in remote locations
- Knowledge of industry and social media tools and trends
- Willingness to work a variety of shifts
- University degree or equivalent.
- One or more years of newsroom experience.
- Valid drivers license
Please send your cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board, resume, writing examples, and a completed copy of the
Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by Dec. 1, 2020
Director of Information Programming
1316 Central Ave.
Prince Albert, SK
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be
completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your
completed forms will be kept confidential.