Langley Advance Times (Black Press)
Location: Langley, British Columbia
Posted: October 29, 2021
Deadline: December 31, 2021
The award-winning Langley Advance Times has an opening for a full-time multimedia journalist.The successful candidate will be joining the largest multimedia reporting force in British Columbia. Black Press Media employs 150 journalists in the province, generating news content for highly competitive and expanding digital platforms, and longstanding print products.
The Langley Advance Times is driven by a multimedia, digital-first mandate, publishing stories in print, online and social platforms including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Video content also plays a key role in our digital platforms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for writing stories on all facets of this thriving Fraser Valley community, covering everything from news and sports to arts and life for our once a week newspaper, website and social media sites.
Black Press is Canada’s largest private community news media company with extensive digital and newspaper properties throughout B.C., Alberta, Yukon, Washington, Alaska and Hawaii.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Outstanding writing skills for print and web.
- Demonstrated ability in covering breaking news in an online environment.
- Excellent skills in driving website trafﬁc and audience engagement through superior multimedia news content generation, including SEO and UGC strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of photography, and video shooting and editing. Regular video production is a must.
- The ability to adhere to deadlines and take direction while contributing original story ideas.
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, iMovie, and Canadian Press style.
Applicants must hold formal journalism degrees or diplomas, and broadcast training and experience are distinct assets.
A valid driver’s licence, reliable vehicle and a smartphone are mandatory.
Applicants must be able to legally work in Canada.
We offer competitive salary and benefits packages.
Please forward your cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - and resume to:
Editorial Director Black Press Media