Melfort/Nipawin Journal (Postmedia)
Location: Melfort/Nipawin, Saskatchewan
Posted: November 4, 2021
Deadline: November 30, 2021
Postmedia is a Canadian news media company representing more than 125 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team
The Melfort Journal and Nipawin Journal are the news leaders in northeast Saskatchewan. The papers are looking for a multimedia journalist to lead daily news coverage.
The successful candidate must be community minded with a focus on producing local sports and news, and eye-catching photography. The successful applicant will be a self-starter who can work as part of a team. Applicant must hold a valid driver’s licence, as well as their own vehicle.
What you’ll do:
- Reporting, writing and editing stories for the Web and mobile audiences – while tailoring content to meet the varying needs of those platforms – as well as print.
- Initiating and developing ideas for enterprise stories.
- Cultivating sources and establishing expertise in order to break stories and set the news agenda.
Who you are:
- You have excellent news judgment,
- Demonstrable strengths in accurate, clean reporting
- Proven ability to initiate stories and enterprise features
- Excellent reporting and writing skills
- Experience at a news organization in a deadline-oriented reporting/writing role
- Familiar with data journalism and emerging digital trends and opportunities,
- Able to shoot video with a mobile device
- You know how to leverage social media and digital platforms to break news and reach audiences.
- Ability to work quickly and independently, meet multiple deadlines, and make efficient decisions.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.