Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick
Posted: November 16, 2021
Deadline: December 3, 2021
The Telegraph-Journal is hiring a journalist with keen news judgment, an eagerness to break stories and a clean, clear writing style. Based in Fredericton, the province's capital, we require a reporter who quickly gets immersed in assignments, thoroughly researching and reporting news and feature stories to tight deadlines, is enterprising and will dig up exclusive stories.
We are seeking an experienced, confident and motivated team player who is equally at ease working independently. Applicants need to display an affinity for emerging reporting techniques and will also be assessed on their breadth of interest, intellectual curiosity and collegiality.
- Report and write stories on politics and political events for online and print
- Adhere to deadlines and work under pressure
- Generate original and enterprising ideas
- Verify news and other copy for accuracy
- University or college-level studies in journalism or a related education
- Previous newsroom experience
- A demonstrated ability to produce detailed, accurate work under deadline pressure
- Highly developed organizational skills -- able to multi-task in high-stress situations
- Sound knowledge of Canadian Press style
- An excellent command of the English language; fluency in spoken and written French would be an asset
- Photography and videography skills are required
- A solid understanding of media law
- A car and valid driver's license
The Telegraph-Journal is the provincial newspaper for New Brunswick with a long history of award-winning journalism.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply, please sent your resume, cover letter (stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board) and at least three examples of your work to:
Erica Bajer, provincial editor