The Columbia Valley Pioneer
|Print and Digital Editor
Location: Invermere, British Columbia
Posted: November 18, 2021
The Columbia Valley Pioneer is looking for a full-time Print and Digital Editor for our news operation based in Invermere. We operate a daily news site - columbiavalleypioneer.com, and a weekly community newspaper serving ten communities in the Upper Columbia Valley. We also publish various speciality magazines produced on an annual basis.
The successful candidate must work well in a team setting, but is selfmotivated. At present we have a staff of three in the newsroom plus various contributors. The magazines are typically produced by freelance contractors, but the magazine work has been significantly curtailed by the COVID-19 situation.
- Journalism education: degree, diploma or certificate; or equivalent work experience.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Ability to organize work and give direction to others in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the other members of the management team.
- Experience in InDesign, Photoshop, and posting to social media is a must.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter stating that you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume to:
Amanda Nason, Associate Publisher
The company offers competitive benefit and pension plan.