Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: December 7, 2021
Deadline: February 7, 2022
York is a leading international teaching and research university, and a driving force for positive change. Empowered by a welcoming and diverse community with a uniquely global perspective, we are preparing our students for their long-term careers and personal success. Together, we can make things right for our communities, our planet and our future.
The York University School of Continuing Studies is a diverse community of learning united by a shared sense of purpose: Achieving personal and professional growth in rapidly changing career and educational landscape.Our ability to offer accelerated, accessible and innovative programs that prepare our students to adapt and lead in response to this change has made us the fastest-growing school in Canada.The School is home to the international-award-winning York University English Language Institute, one of the largest language institutes in North America. Our students come from around the world to pursue English-language proficiency and achieve their academic goals. Our professional programs also attract students from around the world. Codesigned and delivered by senior industry leaders, our professional programs feature experiential learning methods that help students develop career-specific technical skills and robust cross-functional expertise.
Under the direction of the Director, Marketing and Communication, the Marketing Manager is responsible for the development, management, implementation, evaluation, financial planning and monitoring of the School's marketing and promotional strategy including those for public and corporate training programs. The Marketing Manager is also responsible for the day to day management of the marketing team and ensuring the implementation, monitoring and maintenance of effective marketing processes and procedures. In addition to managing the marketing team, the Manager is responsible for the development of marketing plans for all new program launches, marketing research, and supporting the development and monitoring of sales strategies.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will bring the following:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field such as business, marketing, or communications, or equivalent. Certificate or diploma in marketing, digital marketing or analytics is an asset.
- Management: Minimum two years' experience managing staff and vendors. Preference is given to management experience in a multi-unionized environment.
- Marketing: Minimum two years' experience planning complex marketing campaigns (including overall brand and product campaigns), consulting with internal 'clients,' creating traditional and electronic collateral, copywriting for different media, managing events, and evaluating ROI of marketing initiatives.
- Digital Marketing: Minimum two years' experience in software required to create and manage a database-driven website, optimizing user-experience, search engine optimization, content marketing, managing paid online advertising campaigns, A-B testing, creating and managing micro-sites and landing pages, and a thorough understanding of web analytics.
- Sales experience (particularly relating to conversion management) is an asset.
We offer comprehensive benefits and access to superb educational and recreational facilities. For more information on what York has to offer U please visit:
Please state in your application that you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.