|Assistant Desk Editor
Location: , Ontario
Posted: September 27, 2022
Village Media is searching for an experienced individual to fill another full-time position on the Central News Desk team that serves our rapidly-growing local news and information network.
As an Assistant Desk Editor you will be responsible for monitoring breaking local, regional and national news, writing headlines, preparing material for publication, and administering polls for multiple community news sites across the Village Media network and partner sites.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who has excellent news judgment and thrives in a fast-paced environment:
- A degree or diploma in journalism, or a related field;
- At least 3-5 years of newsroom experience;
- Excellent copy editing skills and a thorough knowledge of CP style;
- Superior language, writing and editing skills;
- Some photo editing and associated editing software experience;
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with shifting priorities, changing deadlines, and under pressure;
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to Ontario.
To apply, please submit a cover letter (stating you found this job on Gaulin Media) and resume, along with relevant samples of your work. Applications for all current openings must be submitted through the Village Media Portal.
About Village Media
Village Media is where local news lives—and thrives. An ever-expanding network of community journalism websites, we cover the stories that matter most: the ones right in our backyards. A champion of hyperlocal news and information, Village Media publishes its articles on an innovative and scalable content management system (CMS) developed in-house. Born digital, our leading-edge company is a pioneer in its industry, continuously expanding its reach and changing the landscape of online news.
Village Media is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff, volunteers, programs, and partners. We encourage applicants of diverse abilities, backgrounds, and life experiences to apply. If you require accommodations during the selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.