Yukon News (Black Press)
|Multimedia Sales Manager
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Posted: February 27, 2023
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and love helping local northern businesses succeed? If so, you could be the perfect fit for our Multimedia Sales Manager role!
The Yukon News is looking for an experienced sales professional who has a proven track record in the field. We want you to build customer relationships, go to bat for your clients, and lead a small but mighty team of sales and creative professionals with confidence. Plus, knock your targets out of the park with rock-solid advertising plans that help Yukon businesses achieve their goals.
The Multimedia Sales Manager is a senior leadership role. You will build, motivate and empower your team to deliver print and digital solutions to Yukon businesses, non-profit organizations, First Nation governments, as well as territorial and municipal government clients.
The successful applicant will:
- Manage and train the sales team in prospecting, creating proposals and leading presentations.
- Develop new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Provide excellent customer service to current and longstanding clients.
- Be the subject matter expert in CRM software and ad booking systems.
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products and services.
- Ensure all existing features/supplements reach their revenue targets as set out in the operating budget.
The Yukon News, located in beautiful Whitehorse, Yukon, is a part of the Black Press Media family, a leading North American local news champion with operations across British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Washington State, Alaska, and Hawaii. Over 1,500 talented employees work with us to deliver unique community news and information across a full suite of traditional media channels and digital platforms.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a leadership sales role.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Solid understanding of the media industry – specifically newspapers, magazines, and digital players.
- A strong understanding of digital media advertising services – SEO, Social Media Marketing, O&O, Programmatic and email marketing.
- Demonstrated experience in prospecting and growing client lists with a proven track record of revenue growth and meeting sales goals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and sales and database management tools.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Proficient in CRM software and Microsoft Office suite.
- Goal oriented, competitive, and forward thinking.
- Ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy in difficult situations.
- Time management and excellent prioritization skills a must.
- Reliable transportation.
We offer competitive salary and benefit packages.
Interviews will begin immediately.
Applicants must be able to legally work in Canada.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates should forward resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to: email@example.com