Location: Moncton, New Brunswick
Posted: March 7, 2023
At Huddle, we tell the story of the Maritimes through the lens of the region’s business community.
We’re equally at home telling stories about the street-level businesses shaping our readers’ neighbourhoods, highlighting homegrown entrepreneurs chasing wild ideas, or producing hard-nosed reporting on the most powerful companies in our region.
We’re a progressive newsroom open to big ideas, ambitious projects, and wild pitches. We value diverse perspectives and strive to imbue those perspectives into everything we produce. We keep our definition of business news as broad as possible and refuse to let the label get in the way of telling a good story. Taken from the right angle, all news is business news, and that’s what makes it the most exciting beat in journalism.
We are looking for a news reporter in Moncton, New Brunswick. The ideal candidate is equally comfortable tackling big-picture economic ideas or telling the personal and sometimes intimate stories of the region’s entrepreneurs. They're keen to connect with the community to find story ideas and help build an audience for the stories themselves. This person is a strong storyteller and reporter who can work independently in Moncton while collaborating with our editorial team in Saint John and Halifax.
The news reporter will take part in the daily production of the website’s content, including:
- Pitching original ideas and taking assignments specific to the Moncton and New Brunswick business communities.
- Doing research, conducting interviews, and writing news and feature stories.
- Writing Facebook and Twitter posts and playing an active role in finding the audience for stories and engaging with them.
- Taking pictures, taping audio and video interviews, and integrating media into stories where appropriate.
What we are looking for:
As an employee, you will have access to a compensation package which includes flexible health and dental coverage options, a Health Spending Account, life insurance, and a company-matched RRSP. Championing our employees’ health and wellbeing is important to us, so we also offer a Fitness Reimbursement Program, access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program, and flexible work options.
- Someone with experience or an active interest in business and economic issues.
- Excellent and proven reporting and writing skills.
- The right blend of education and journalism experience, with a degree in journalism considered an asset.
- A demonstrated passion and aptitude for social media and connecting with a community of readers.
- WordPress experience, or familiarity with similar content management systems.
- Photography and videography skills.
You’ll work with a team of passionate professionals who believe that business is good in the Maritimes. If this sounds like the right fit for you, please with a resume and at least three writing samples.
Acadia Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In your application, please feel free to advise if you require accommodation for the interview process.
Interested candidates should apply online here
or send resume, samples and a cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
58 King Street, Third Floor
Tel: (506) 651-5853