Black Press Media
|Social Media Marketing Specialist
Location: Surrey, British Columbia
Posted: March 9, 2023
Looking for a job in social media?
Our fast paced & constantly growing team is looking for a passionate, hard-working & innovative social media marketing specialist.
In addition to working with great people and supportive work culture, Black Press offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including a company match to your pension contribution.
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Ability to commute/relocate:
Surrey, B.C.: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Marketing: 1 year (preferred)
Black Press Media is a leading North American local news champion with operations across British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Washington State, Alaska, and Hawaii. More than 1,500 talented employees work with us to deliver unique community news and information across a full suite of traditional media channels and digital platforms. We value diverse viewpoints, new ways of thinking and a collaborative approach to delivering results.
Key qualifications, responsibilities and duties of the social media marketing specialist include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Strong organization, communication, computer, and people skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Working experience and knowledge of Canva, Excel, Google platforms, & Microsoft Suite.
- Willingness to learn, take direction and build your social media marketing skills.
- Goal and detail oriented and able to work both independently & in a team.
- Responsible for Social Media Accounts both Advertising and Management
- Work with a variety of partners, vendors, and internal clients towards department goals both audience and revenue related.
- Create, Monitor and Optimize Social Media Advertising
- Responsible for paid and organic marketing strategies
- Assist with department trainings and client sales calls via zoom or if appropriate in person.
- New revenue streams as they relate to the Social Media Department
- Review and stay current with all active social platform best practices.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please send resume and cover note, stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board, to:
Black Press Media